What Is the Canada Student Loans Program?
The Canada Student Loans Program provides financial assistance in the form of loans and grants to post-secondary students who demonstrate financial need.
– Students must first apply for a provincial or territorial student loan. Students are automatically considered for a Canada Student Loan when they apply for a provincial or territorial student loan.
– Loan application forms are available from provincial and territorial student assistance offices and at financial aid offices in educational institutions.
– Students must apply every year in order to receive funding.
– Students must give loan providers proof of enrolment within six months of finishing their last study period in order to maintain interest-free status while studying. Confirmation of Enrolment forms are issued by educational institutions.
– The governments of the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec do not participate in the Canada Student Loans Program but offer their own financial assistance programs for students.
Government student loans are a great way to help you pay for your post-secondary education at a designated college, university or other post-secondary institution.
The Government of Canada and most provincial or territorial governments work together to deliver federal and provincial student loan and grant programs. This makes things simpler for you.
– In Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador, the Government of Canada and the provincial governments work together to provide financial assistance through Integrated Student Loans.
– In Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Canada Student Loans and Grants are available alongside provincial or territorial student financial assistance.
– In Nunavut, the Northwest Territories and Quebec, Canada Student Loans are not available. These jurisdictions have their own student loan programs.
– In Yukon, only Canada Student Loans and territorial Grants are available to permanent residents of the Yukon.