August Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
Sure, the dog days of summer are in full swing and you’re probably only thinking about what you are going to do with your friends tonight. If you’re heading to college or university starting in September, however, the time is now to apply for your scholarships and bursaries to help fund your education. In many cases, the application process only takes a few minutes. Just think – you’ll have FREE money to help you pay for your tuition, books and lodging, giving you extra breathing room come fall. Now that is truly priceless.
1. Bill 7 Award – Open to individuals who meet ALL of the following criteria: individuals who are attending a Post-Secondary Educational Institution in the Province of Ontario; who have demonstrated financial need; who are pursuing their FIRST post-secondary program of study; and who identify as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, and/or queer (LGBTTTQ2S). Amount: $2000. Deadline: August 8, 2014.
2. 2014 Linda Lael Miller Scholarships for Women – Open to female residents of the United States or Canada who are 25 years old or older. Amount: $1000. Deadline: August 29, 2014.
3. Jeremy Dias Scholarship – Open to Canadian citizens/residents who are high school or CEGEP students entering accredited post-secondary institutions, or students currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution. Amount: Depends on need. Deadline: August 15, 2014.
4. Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms Essay Contest – This contest is open to those who were students at a Canadian university or college during this past 2013-14 school year (including full-time and part-time students) and to those who will be commencing studies (full-time or part-time) at a Canadian college or university this September 2014. Amount: $250 – $1000. Deadline: September 15, 2014.
5. Canada Student Grants – Canada Student Grants provide money for college or university that you don’t need to pay back. It is easy to apply for them. These grants are given to students at the beginning and in the middle of the school year. Canada Student Grants are available to students from most provinces and territories except those from the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec. These governments have their own programs. Amount: Depending on need/eligibility. Deadline: Generally, your eligibility is assessed automatically when you apply for student loans. Please consult the website for further information.