February Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
Already accepted to your post-secondary institution of choice for September 2015? The next step is to apply for the scholarships and bursaries that will help fund your education. While student loans are a good option, having free money that you WON’T have to pay back is, well, priceless. Here’s the scholarships we found for this month:
1. Starfleet Scholarships – Open to students in any program at any school who are Starfleet members. Amount: $1000. Deadline: July 15, 2015.
2. Fraser Institute Student Essay Contest – Open to all students across Canada who submit an essay based on the topic National Security and the Role of Government: Safety vs. Privacy in a Technological Age. Amount: Up to $9000. Deadline: June 1, 2015.
3. Retail as a Career Scholarship Program – Open to students pursuing a retail, business or marketing-related program. Amount: $1000. Deadline: March 31, 2015.
4. Scotiabank Sikh Foundation Scholarship – Open to residents of Ontario who submit an essay. Amount: $5000. Deadline: March 20, 2015.
5. Ada Slaight Scholarships – Open to talented emerging artists, designers, digital innovators and cultural leaders in the pursuit of education at OCAD University. Amount: $6800. Deadline: February 27, 2015.
6. The Lohn Foundation Bachelor of Arts Entrance Scholarship – Open to students entering their first year of study at Thompson Rivers University. Amount: $5000. Deadline: March 1, 2015.
7. Ken Dryden Scholarship – Open to young people, currently or formerly in the care of the Canadian child welfare system, who demonstrate great achievement and promise. Amount: $3000. Deadline: March 6, 2015.
8. Shire Canada ADHD Scholarship Program – Open open to Canadian students who have been diagnosed with ADHD and who are legal residents of Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario or Quebec and are of legal age. Amount: $1500. Deadline: April 20, 2015.