Quantcast
«Community» column

Living with Cerebral Palsy

March 27th, 2017; By Anthony Teles

Cerebral palsy hinders coordination of the muscles and movement of the body. Its severity can range dramatically, from affecting just one body part to leaving the afflicted person unable to […]

Inclusion: The Women’s March for All

February 27th, 2017; By Anthony Teles

Donald Trump’s ascension to the U.S. Presidency is nothing new. My history studies in university helped me make a modicum of sense of a world that is almost always on […]

Alberta Students: Transitioning Out of the Traditional School System for Persons with Disabilities

February 27th, 2017; By Mariann Roberts

Most graduating students find themselves facing a variety of challenges as they transition from the traditional school system into post-secondary and/or the workforce. For graduates (and families of those) with […]

Employment Resources and Information for Students with Disabilities: Ontario and Nation Wide

January 31st, 2017; By Erin Kelly

Are you looking for employment or a part-time job? Are you ready to integrate yourself into the workforce and make a difference? Maybe you are getting ready to graduate from […]

How to Be Inclusive of Others

January 31st, 2017; By Teodora Pasca

We live in a world full of people of different genders, cultures, religions and economic backgrounds. Because of this, we all have a responsibility to make sure that any individual, […]

You Can Handle Anything- Just Try!

January 31st, 2017; By Courtney Gilmour

I am an amputee, missing both hands and my right leg above the knee. I know what you’re thinking, “How is she typing this?” Well, it’s easy. I simply bash […]

Save-On-Foods Diversity Scholarships for Students in British Columbia

January 30th, 2017; By NEADS

Save-On-Foods has partnered with UFCW Local 1518 to offer up to ten scholarships valued at $1,000 each to individuals who have played a significant role in diversity initiatives in their […]