Quantcast
«Community» column

Campus Disability Services

February 17th, 2015; By NEADS

If you’re a student with a disability looking at your post-secondary options, we’ve provided a handy link to the NEADS website where you can access information about campus disability services […]

Transition Programs for Students with Disabilities

January 31st, 2015; By NEADS

One of the best ways students can get a sense of what to expect when beginning a post-secondary program is to talk with people who have first-hand experience in such […]

Struggling Students under Stress: My Personal and Professional Perspectives

January 31st, 2015; By National Center for Learning Disabilities

As a student I struggled significantly with a reading and processing-related learning disability (LD) and, as a result, stress was a big part of my elementary and secondary school experiences. […]

Choosing a College or University

January 19th, 2015; By Transition Resource Guide

Deciding between college and university is a tough decision, and it’s important to consider one’s strengths and interests when making the decision. It is also important to keep in mind […]

NEADS National Student Awards Program

January 19th, 2015; By NEADS

Purpose The NEADS National Student Awards Program is offered to encourage full access to post-secondary education for persons with disabilities, who often have greater barriers to participation in higher education, […]

Scholarships and Bursaries for Students with Disabilities

January 17th, 2015; By National Center for Learning Disabilities

You’ve got big academic dreams – they’ve got the funds! Scholarships are “free money” given to a student for their college education—unlike loans, this money does not have to be […]

Grants for Students with Disabilities

December 17th, 2014; By Service Canada

Am I eligible? You are eligible if you: – apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan; – are enrolled in a full-time or part-time program (minimum 32 weeks) at […]