September Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
Preparing to enter college or university next year? Applying for scholarships now ensures you are ahead of the curve! Many scholarships and bursaries take applications well in advance, so students will be able to budget their scholarship prize money into their school finances. There is a scholarship for everyone, so don’t hesitate to apply. After all, every little bit helps when it comes to paying for your college education!
1. Tronia Systems Scholarship – for students entering their first year of university who demonstrate an involvement in their community. Amount: $1000. Deadline: October 4, 2013.
2. Larry Campbell Milton Memorial Scholarship – for current 4-H members planning to attend a Canadian University in a Food Science, Meat Science or Animal Science discipline. Amount: $2500. Deadline: October 23, 2013.
3. AgriVenture 4-H Adventure Opportunity 2014 Scholarship – for 4-H members from every province that will be traveling with AgriVenture within one year of award. Amount: $3000. Deadline: November 1, 2013.
4. Study and Go Abroad Fair Scholarships – open to students from across Canada in any field of study. Amount: $1000. Deadline: September 28, 2013.
5. Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 – open to Canadian high school students and post-secondary students who are 16+. Amount: $30,000. Deadline: January 23, 2014.
6. The National and Arbor Scholarship Program – by nomination from your secondary school, based on overall grades. Amount: $35,000 – $50,000, based on tuition needs. Deadline: November 8, 2013.
7. Communications Nova Scotia Diversity Bursary – for Nova Scotian students from designated groups (Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible people) enrolled in a post-secondary education program. Amount: $1000. Deadline: October 31, 2013.
8. UBC Entrance Award – for students entering their first year of studies at UBC in 2014. Amount: up to $40,000. Deadline: January 31, 2014.
9. Peter Corley Memorial Scholarship – candidates must be a member of SAC, have made at least one solo glider flight in the 12 month period preceding the application, and be attending a university or community college full-time or be accepted and scheduled to attend within six months of the date of the application. Amount: $2300. Deadline: October 1, 2013.
10. Jump Canada Bursary – for students who are active members of the Equine Canada community. Amount: $2000. Deadline: September 30, 2013.