September Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
Is the financial reality of post-secondary education starting to settle in? Never fear – free money is here in the form of scholarships and bursaries! Get applying and help ease the financial constraints of your educational dreams.
1. Johnson Scholarship – open to children and grandchildren of Johnson Affinity group members and/or Home-Auto clients. Students must be completing high school in 2014 and beginning post-secondary education in the fall of 2014. Amount: 50 awards of $1000. Deadline: October 15, 2014.
2. Tronia Systems Scholarship – open to all students enrolled in an agribusiness or related program. Amount: 2 awards of $1000. Deadline: October 3, 2014.
3. Scotiabank Customer Scholarship – open to students enrolled in the 2014/2015 academic year at a Canadian post-secondary school who are Scotiabank customers. Amount: 6 awards of $1000. Deadline: November 5, 2014.
4. CN Diversity Scholarship Program – open to students who meet specific criteria: please visit their website for complete eligibility requirements. Amount: $3000. Deadline: December 31, 2014.
5. CBC Literary Prizes – These prizes recognize the best original, unpublished writing by Canadians in poetry, short story & creative nonfiction. Amount: $6000. Deadline: Varies depending on competition. Please consult website for specifics.
6. Government of Canada Grant for Part-Time Studies – open to part-time students who have applied for a student loan through the Government of Canada. Amount: $1200. Deadline: Varies depending on your program start date. Please consult website for specifics.
7. Traditional Fulbright Student Awards – open to Canadian citizens who are graduate students, prospective graduate students, or promising young professionals who wish to study and/or conduct research in the United States. Amount: $15,000. Deadline: November 15, 2014.