March Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
March is here and that means exams are, too. Why not take some time between studying to ensure you can get some free money secured for your first year of college or university in the fall? You’ll be glad you did! Check out the latest scholarships and bursaries we’ve found for this month.
1. OutputLinks Communications Group Sponsors Scholarships – Open to all students who are nominated by an employee of one of the companies that sponsor OutputLink Communication Group’s services. Amount: 3 prizes of $2000 (USD). Deadline: May 1, 2014.
2. Society for the History of Discoveries Essay Contest – Open to all students who submit an essay (no more than 6000 words) on the topic of the history of discoveries, such as voyages, travels or cartography. Amount: $600. Deadline: May 15, 2014.
3. Progressive Economics Forum Essay Contest – Open to Canadian students enrolled in post-secondary education who submit an essay based on political economics or economic theories. Amount: $1000. Deadline: May 5, 2014.
4. Workers Health and Safety Centre Scholarships – Open to residents of Ontario beginning their first year of college or university in the fall of 2014. Must submit 600-1000 word essay on the subject of health and safety in the workplace. Amount: $1200. Deadline: June 13, 2014.
5. Scotiabank Sikh Foundation Scholarship – Open to Canadian students who are entering their first year of college or university in the fall of 2014. Amount: $5000. Deadline: March 20, 2014.
6. Fraser Institute Student Essay Contest – Open to students in high school, undergraduate and graduate programs who submit an essay on the topic of capitalism. Amount: $1500, $1000 and $500 at each education level. Deadline: May 30, 2014.
7. SOS Children’s Safety Scholarship – Open to Canadian students who submit an essay based on preventing social issues like bullying. Amount: $5000. Deadline: July 31, 2014.