May Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
May flowers are here, and so are a myriad of new scholarships that will help fund your academic ambitions. No matter what you are studying, there is a scholarship or bursary for you. Check out the latest ones that we’ve discovered for this month:
1. Progressive Economics Forum Student Essay Contest – Open to all students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs throughout Canada. Amount: $1000. Deadline: May 5, 2014.
2. Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest – Open to students worldwide who submit an original 800 – 1,600 word essay on one of the pre-selected essay topics from Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged”. Amount: Up to $10,000. Deadline: October 24, 2014.
3. Ken Dryden Scholarship – Open to students currently or formerly in the care of the Canadian child welfare system, who demonstrate great achievement and promise. Amount: $3000. Deadline: May 16, 2014.
4. SOS Children’s Safety Scholarship – Open to students across Canada who submit an essay on a social issue covered in SOS Magazine. Amount: $5000. Deadline: July 31, 2014.
5. Nelson Civic Leadership Scholarship – Open to all Canadian students outside of Quebec who are completing their final year of high school and are making a difference in their community. Amount: $5000. Deadline: May 30, 2014.
6. Adrian Campbell Scholarship Fund – Open to any Nova Scotian student completing Grade 12 and entering a post -secondary educational program. Preference will be given to a student from Hants or Kings County. Amount: $1000. Deadline: May 30, 2014.
7. Johnson Scholarship – Open to children and grandchildren of Johnson Affinity group members and/or Home-Auto clients. Students must be completing high school in 2014 and beginning post-secondary education in the fall of 2014. Amount: 50 scholarships of $1000. Deadline: September 15, 2014 (Note: Applications available starting May 15, 2014).