July Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
Heading to college or university in the fall? It’s not too late to apply for scholarships! Help fund your way through post-secondary education and take your mind off of financial matters so you can focus on more important things – like studying (or sleep). Here’s what we found for scholarships this month:
1. Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario Fund – awarded to qualifying applicants whose parents or grand-parents are CFFO members & supporters; the applicant needs to live in the same district and be a registered full-time student in an agriculture related program. Amount: $500. Deadline: July 31, 2014.
2. Kelman Scholarship – Provincial/National – Awarded to one student that is interested in the protection of water quality and is planning on attending a post secondary institution in a related field of study. Applicants must write a 500 word essay. Amount: $500. Deadline: October 31, 2014.
3. Alberta Arborists Scholarship – Open to students pursuing higher education with an emphasis in natural or applied sciences. Amount: $1000. Deadline: July 30, 2014.
4. Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms Essay Contest – Open to students commencing studies (full-time or part-time) at a Canadian college or university this September 2014 who submit a 2500 word essay. Amount: $1000. Deadline: September 15, 2014.
5. Joseph W. Atkinson Scholarship for Excellence in Teacher Education – Open to students enrolled in a teacher’s college in Ontario. Amount: $2000. Deadline: July 21, 2014.
6. Jeremy Dias Scholarship – Open to students enrolled in high school or CEGEP and entering an accredited post-secondary institution, or students currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution. Amount: Varies. Deadline: August 15, 2014.
7. 2014-2015 African Nova Scotian Scholarship Program – Qualifications vary; consult website for further information. Amount: $1000 – $4500. Deadline: July 31, 2014.