October Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
Warm up those typing fingers – it’s time to go after that free money! Check out the scholarships and bursaries we have discovered this month. When it comes to funding your education, nothing beats the assistance that a scholarship can provide.
1. Dalton Camp Award – will go to the winner or winners of an essay competition on the link between democracy and the media in Canada. Amount: $5000. Deadline: November 15, 2014.
2. ACL & Associates Ltd. Bursary – Open to students in any field of study at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology. Amount: $400. Deadline: October 31, 2014.
3. Scotiabank Customer Scholarship – Be a Scotiabank customer (or meet the “No Purchase” entry requirements) – see website for full details. Amount: $1000. Deadline: November 5, 2014.
4. Canada’s Luckiest Student – Open to all Canadian students. Amount: Up to $75,000. Deadline: December 31, 2014.
5. Nova Scotia Lieutenant Governor’s Respectful Citizenship Award – This award recognizes students in grades Primary to 12 in public schools, private schools, and those that are home schooled and registered with the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, who are making a positive difference in their schools, their communities and their province. Amount: Varies depending on need. Deadline: November 28, 2104.
6. Terry Fox Humanitarian Award Program – In keeping with the spirit of his achievements, the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award program is intended to encourage Canadian youth to seek the high ideals represented by Terry Fox by the granting of commemorative awards for the pursuit of higher education. The awards will be of particular interest to graduating secondary level students and those currently studying towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma in a Canadian university or college. Award recipients must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants. Approximately 20 awards are granted each year. Amount: Up to $7000. Deadline: February 1, 2015.
7. TD Scholarships for Community Leadership – The TD Scholarship for Community Leadership rewards students who have shown leadership in many areas, including environmental cleanup, the promotion of social justice, and the fight against child poverty. Amount: Up to $70,000. Deadline: November 28, 2014.
Leave a comment!