December Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
When your exams are over for the month and you’re settling in for your winter break, why not take a few minutes to apply for scholarships? The little extra effort will go a long way to help you realize your post-secondary dreams. Here are a few scholarships we found this month:
1. The RBC® Black History Month Student Essay Competition – Open to all students in Canada who submit an essay telling their story of how one or more black Canadians have helped define Canada’s diverse heritage and identity through their specific achievements and contributions. Deadline: December 5, 2014. Amount: $1500 – $5000.
2. Gaspard’s Keep Canada Green Online Scholarship Contest – Open to students across Canada, excluding Quebec. Deadline: April 11, 2015. Amount: $1000 – $2500.
3. CN Diversity Scholarship Program – Grants are available to support the post-secondary education of women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, military veterans and people of Aboriginal heritage in Canada. Deadline: December 31, 2014. Amount: $3000.
4. “Whipper” Billy Watson Education Bursary – Open to students with physical disabilities in full-time study at an Ontario College of Applied Arts & Technology. Deadline: April 25, 2015. Amount: $2000.
5. AFOA-PotashCorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards – Open to students in Grades 11 and 12 of Aboriginal Ancestry. Deadline: January 12, 2015. Amount: $5000.
6. Burger King Scholars – The BURGER KING℠ Scholars program assists employees, employees’ spouses or domestic partners, employees’ children and high school seniors in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada in continuing their education. Deadline: December 15, 2014. Amount: Top prize of $50,000.
7. Debut Atlantic Award for Musical Excellence – Awarded annually to an Atlantic Canadian high school music student as chosen by a member of their distinguished alumni. The award recognizes talented youth who are committed to the serious study of music. Deadline: January 31, 2015. Amount: $1000.