January Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
It’s a new year and a new opportunity to get your hands on the scholarships and bursaries that will help fund your post-secondary goals. If you’re entering university or college this fall, the time is now to apply for a number of great scholarships. Here’s what we found this month. As always, ensure to read the requirements to ensure you qualify.
1. Canadian Right of Way Education Foundation Scholarship – Open to graduating high school students who will be pursuing studies in fields related to public infrastructure such as engineering, real property law, land use planning, real property appraisal, surveying and environmental studies. Amount: $2500. Deadline: February 2, 2015.
2. Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering Entry Scholarship, UNB Fredericton – Awarded to a University of New Brunswick-Fredericton student beginning the Bachelor of Science in Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering degree program (B.Sc.GGE) upon graduation from high school. Amount: $1000. Deadline: March 1, 2015.
3. The Generation Google Scholarship – Open to students pursuing a computer science or computer engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field. Amount: $5000. Deadline: January 15, 2015.
4. We the Living Essay Contest – Open to students across Canada studying any subject who submit an essay based on certain criteria. Amount: $3000. Deadline: May 6, 2015.
5. David Mirvish Chancellor’s Scholarship – Open to students entering their first year at the University of Guelph. Amount: $34,000 over 4 years. Deadline: January 25, 2015.
6. Schulich Leader Scholarships – For high school students entering their undergraduate studies at any school. Amount: $20,000. Deadline: February 2, 2015.
7. 14 Women’s Memorial Award – Open to women at the University of Calgary entering their second, third or fourth year of study in any field. Amount: $4500. Deadline: August 1, 2015.
8. GWIN Scholarship – Open to women studying in any field who are permanent residents of Wellington County (Guelph area). Amount: $1000. Deadline: May 31, 2015.