April Scholarships of the Month – Apply Now!
With April upon us, your applications for college and university have officially been sent off. In some cases, you may have even already heard that you’ve been accepted (congratulations!). Now it’s time to sort out your financials. While student loans are a great option, free money from scholarships and bursaries are a worry-free way to fund your education without having to worry about debt. Take the time to apply for a few – you’ll be glad you did! Here are the latest scholarships that JobsPeopleDo.com found for the month of April and beyond:
1. AIA and the Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium (GAAS) Scholarship Program – Open to students enrolled full-time in a college-level, university or an accredited automotive technical program in Canada. Amount: $1000. Deadline: June 15, 2014.
2. Alberta Arborists Annual Scholarship – Open to students pursuing higher education with an emphasis in natural or applied sciences. Amount: $1000. Deadline: July 30, 2014.
3. Output Links Communications Group Scholarship – open to students across Canada who MUST be nominated by an employee of one of the companies that sponsors OutputLink’ Communication Group’s services. Amount: $2500. Deadline: May 1, 2014.
4. Society for the History of Discoveries Essay Contest – Open to students across Canada who submit an original essay of approximately 6,000 words. Amount: $600. Deadline: May 15, 2014.
5. Monsanto Fund Opportunity Scholarship – Open to students from rural communities who are pursuing higher education. Amount: $1500. Deadline: May 15, 2014.
6. Workers Health & Safety Centre Scholarships – Open to residents of Ontario who submit a 600-1,000 word essay, poster or video on “How would you raise the profile of workplace health and safety among young and new workers in your community?”. Amount: $1200. Deadline: June 13, 2014.
7. Excellence Award for Agricultural Students – Open to students across Canada enrolled in an agricultural program who submit a 3-5 minute video on: What key skills has your educational institution taught you about farm management that will be most useful in your career? Please explain why these are important?. Amount: $1000. Deadline: May 9, 2014.