Quantcast
«Community» column

NEADS: November 2015 Event Calander

October 29th, 2015; By NEADS

Organizer: National Educational Association of Disabled Students (NEADS) Title: Focus group for students who identify with mental health conditions in Timmins, Ontario, Friday, November 13, 2015 Category: Education Location: Tiimmins, […]

I’m Afraid my Mental Illness will Hold Me Back…

October 29th, 2015; By Maria Cruz

I can’t stress enough how crippling it is to have a mental illness. The stigma surrounding it doesn’t help either, especially with admitting you have one or even seeking help […]

Introversion; It’s OK to Be an Introvert

September 22nd, 2015; By Maria Cruz

I’m often teased by those my own age for not going out to bars, parties, or nightclubs (I haven’t even set foot in a nightclub). I’m not a big drinker, […]

NEADS Event Calendar: October 2015

September 22nd, 2015; By NEADS

Organizer: Toronto Disability Pride March Title: 5th Annual Toronto Disability Pride March Category: Accessibility Location: Toronto, Ontario Date: October 3, 2015 E-mail: torontodisabilitypride@gmail.com Web site: http://tdpm.org Description: Why we’re marching: […]

Employment Spotlight: Bank of Canada Scholarship and Work Placement Program

September 22nd, 2015; By NEADS

Via NEADS.ca http://www.neads.ca/en/about/media/index.php?id=282 The Bank of Canada is proud to introduce a new scholarship and work placement program for students with disabilities and indigenous students. Each year, two full-time students […]

An Introduction to Finding Accommodations for Blind Students at College and University

September 22nd, 2015; By Meghan Brown

Choosing a college or university and going off to school for the first time is an exciting and important step. If you are an incoming student with a visual impairment, […]

Employment Spotlight: ARC Industries Inc.

August 31st, 2015; By Erin Kelly

What is ARC Industries? ARC Industries is a company that provides employment to adults 18 and over with developmental and physical disabilities. It is an exciting and social work environment […]